The Neighbourhood Plan provides us with an opportunity to re-balance the local economy and move towards a more sustainable community. Currently many residents commute to work outside the parish, to Telford, Shrewsbury and the West Midlands. The absence of suitable premises and facilities restricts opportunities for businesses and enterprises to start up and expand in the parish.
The Neighbourhood Plan could be used to:
- Support the growth of existing businesses and enterprises
- Foster new businesses and enterprises
- Provide a wider range of employment opportunities
- Help the community to become more prosperous and resilient
- Facilitate business and employment-related education and training
If these are the local community’s aims then a number of questions need to be addressed:
- What types of employment and enterprise should we seek to promote and encourage?
- What premises and facilities are needed?
- Where should the premises and facilities be located?
- What is the current and future availability of premises and land?
- Who owns the premises and land?